Speaking of pint sized, this former A list rapper keeps taking upfront money to attend events and promote products and never does any of it.

Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne Cancels Governors Ball Performance

Just three days after he replaced Migos on the lineup for New York’s Governors Ball this weekend — and just hours before he was due to perform — Lil Wayne has pulled out due to “flight disruption” and been replaced on the bill by A$AP Ferg (who prefers to be known as just Ferg), the festival announced late Friday afternoon.

While a rep for the festival did not immediately respond to Variety’s questions about the nature of the flight disruption and the weather in New York and much of the East Coast showed no major storms, Flightstats.com did report that delays out of Wayne’s home base of Miami were “excessive” on Friday afternoon, although the Federal Aviation Administration’s reports were less extreme. – Source

‘We are deeply disappointed by this sudden and negative ruling’: Lil Wayne forced to pull out of festival after Home Office blocks rapper from entering UK

The rapper, 39, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., was due to headline at Strawberries & Creem 2022 on Saturday

He will be replaced by Ludacris instead, for the show at Childerley Orchard, Cambridge

The festival released a statement where they said they were feeling ‘deeply disappointed’ by the ‘negative’ ruling

Lil Wayne was previously arrested in December 2019, and charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition

He could have faced 10 years in prison for illegally owning a .45-caliber handgun – which he was banned from possessing because of a weapons conviction in New York more than a decade ago

The rapper already had a felony gun conviction dating back to 2009. He was sentenced to eight months in a New York prison for that offense, and convicted felons are subsequently barred under federal law from possessing firearms

However, on his final day in office in January 2021, President Donald Trump pardoned Lil Wayne of the charges

A Home Office spokesperson said: ‘Any individual who has been sentenced to a custodial sentence of 12 months or more must have their application refused’ – Source


Read more on these Tags: