There is nothing that has been learned which would clear this actor in the death of his wife.
The powers that be just know he is going to die soon, and short of a confession know they are not going to arrest him, so “cleared” him.
Robert Wagner cleared as Natalie Wood case goes cold
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has cleared Robert Wagner in its investigation into the death of his late wife Natalie Wood.
“All leads in the Natalie Wood case have been exhausted, and the case remains an open, unsolved case,” Lt. Hugo Reynaga told Page Six Friday.
“If additional leads surface in the future, which have not already been investigated, the case will be reassigned to a detective to investigate the new leads.”
Page Six has reached out to Wagner’s rep for comment.
Wood died over Thanksgiving weekend in 1981 at age 43 when she drowned while spending time with Wagner and actor Christopher Walken on her family’s boat.
Detective Ralph Hernandez, who retired from the force in March, declared Wagner a person of interest in 2018 after interviewing witnesses who claimed Wood had been arguing with Wagner, now 92, at the edge of their boat before she disappeared.
Wood’s death was initially ruled an accident, but her death certificate was amended in 2012 to change her cause of death from drowning to “drowning and other undetermined factors.”
The “Miracle on 34th Street” star’s sister told The Post in 2021 that she always has believed Wagner was responsible for Wood’s death. – Source
Read more on these Tags: Natalie Wood, Robert Wagner