Go ask the doctor if she would have died and see what he says.

This A list reality star was nowhere near death, but that wouldn't make for good television. Go ask the doctor if she would have died and see what he says. A lot different answer.

Source: http://www.crazydaysandnights.net

This A list reality star was nowhere near death, but that wouldn’t make for good television.

Go ask the doctor if she would have died and see what he says.

A lot different answer.

Bethenny Frankel

Real Housewives of New York

RHONY: Bethenny Frankel Says She Felt Dennis Shields ‘Pulling’ Her During Near-Death Experience

Bethenny Frankel is thankful she stayed away from the light.

On the season finale of The Real Housewives of New York City, Frankel recovers after experiencing a nearly fatal allergic reaction to fish that landed her in the intensive care unit.

“I got back from being in Boston with my boyfriend yesterday,” she explains. “The two prior days I spent in ICU in Boston because I had an anaphylactic shock incident.”

Frankel, who has suffered from a severe fish allergy her entire life, went into shock after accidentally eating soup that contained fish flakes in it.

“I felt my hands get really swollen, they got super tight,” she explains, adding that her boyfriend Paul Bernon briefly left the room to get her allergy medicine. “He came back three minutes later and I was unconscious.” – Source

‘Real Housewives of New York’s’ Bethenny Frankel Clarifies Her Food Allergy

Frankel tweeted some clarification this week about her allergy, posting, “I am allergic to fish NOT shellfish & I carry TWO epi pens. I was born w this allergy & almost died as a child 2x but thought it improved. I never understood that I’m DEATHLY allergic until I almost died. The rxns were bad but I didn’t understand the risks. #wakeupcall.”

Frankel followed up with a post that acknowledged her fans, some of whom suffered from similar issues. “Most importantly, you’ve been so supportive & I have helped so many others who are cavalier about their allergies as well. It’s real. People shouldn’t say they’re allergic to things if they really aren’t. People have ‘food intolerances’ but a true allergy is deadly & not a joke,” she tweeted.
A near fatal episode

According to People, last December Frankel went unconscious and had to be rushed to the hospital after consuming soup that, unbeknownst to her, contained fish. She alerted her Twitter followers the following day, posting, “I have rare fish allergy. Sun, I had soup, itched & was unconscious for 15 mins then to ER & ICU for 2 days w BP of 60/40.I couldn’t talk, see, thought I had a stroke & dying & told if 5 mins later I’d be dead. 911 & EPI saved me.I’ll never not carry an #epipen@newtonwellesley xo.” – Source