These owners of an independent theater chain are expanding their reach and bad corporate citizenship into the new year.
They famously don’t want people to talk during movies or when they’ve been sexually harassed or assaulted at work and are working hard to keep people quiet in advance of the golden globes. When several employees spoke out publicly in the fall of 2016 and declared they knew about and allowed sexual predators to continue on as business partners, they remained silent after their investors threatened to sue.
They have a connection to a project and want to skate through with all the buzz being positive.
Even through they said they would change their ways, those changes were symbolic and they continue to harass and silence victims.
They definitely don’t want anyone looking into possibly illegal non disclosure agreements some staff members were forced to sign because they don’t want distributors asking questions about years of box office fraud or other possible crimes they want concealed.
If they can just keep everyone quiet, they will skate through to victory.
They have been hemorrhaging upper level staff members from various companies they own since September.
Corporate HR abruptly lost someone from the top last week.
They are going on vacation while in California and have other people to continue their dirty work of smearing the reputations of their victims, harassing them, and silencing them.
They really don’t want ANY truth to come out.
It was fall 2017 that most victimized employees and patrons spoke out.
But they had a serious public relations kerfuffle in 2016.
They made the editor step down but secretly rehired him almost immediately.
Theater chain: Alamo Drafthouse
Project: I, Tonya
Sexual predator continued as business partner: Harry Knowles
Rehired editor-in-chief: Devin Faraci
Harry Knowles Sex-Assault Allegations Prompt Staff Exodus at Ain’t It Cool News
Several writers have resigned from the influential movie site Ain’t It Cool News (AICN) after a woman came forward to accuse that site’s 45-year-old founder, Harry Knowles, of having sexually assaulted her nearly two decades ago.
In a statement posted Monday to Twitter, Steve Prokopy, a Chicago-based writer who signs his reviews “Capone,” called the choice to leave the site “a remarkably easy decision to make.”
“I sincerely hope that the women impacted by any of these incidents have received all the support and strength they need to recover and heal,” Prokopy said.
Eric Vespe, who wrote for decades as “Quint” on the site (a nod to the shark hunter character from Jaws), has also stepped down.
“Given the recent allegations against Harry Knowles of behavior impossible to defend, I cannot, in good conscience, continue to contribute to the brand I helped build over the last 20 years,” Vespe said in a statement. – Source
Devin Faraci Was Rehired After Sexual Assault Allegations: What Was Tim League Thinking?
Update (7:40 pm PT): Devin Faraci has resigned from Alamo Drafthouse.
Yesterday evening, Alamo Drafthouse founder Tim League acknowledged via a Facebook post that, earlier this year, he quietly rehired Devin Faraci to work from home. Eleven months ago, he’d fired the former editor-in-chief of Birth.Movies.Death., the Alamo Drafthouse film site, after Faraci was accused of sexual assault. Faraci entered a 12-step program for alcohol, and is said to be in recovery. (For more details and backstory, please see here. And here.)
To say that news of his employment did not go over well would be an understatement. While League positioned his statement as a bid for transparency, and some friends and peers voiced their support, the announcement created a tsunami of outrage from Alamo fans, the alleged victims, and League’s own staff. – Source